by Tammy Kasterke DTM Youth Leadership Chair
Do you feel a “YLP” buzz in District 25? Sure, I feel it because I am the district’s Youth Leadership Chair, but I am feeling the buzz because of YOU! Inquiries about the Toastmasters Youth Leadership have kept my phone and email buzzing!
D25 is bursting to get the word out about this, sometimes forgotten, yet impactful leadership opportunity called the Youth Leadership Program (YLP). Leading a YLP has several advantages.
- YLP can satisfy a requirement for attaining Distinguished Toastmaster.
- YLP can satisfy an advanced Pathway Project.
- YLP can bring personal rewards to you.
- YLP definitely brings rewards to youth.
- YLP emphasizes the importance of leadership and communication not only to youth but also to the adults in their lives.
As the District’s Youth Leadership Chair, I NEED YOU! To keep YLP shining brightly in D25, I need Youth Leadership Coordinators, Youth Leadership Assistants, and Youth Groups that want a Youth Leadership Program. To marry these opportunities, YOU can help me by completing the short, six-question SURVEY.
Have you noticed “YOU” in the word “YOUth”? Coincidence? No. I find this amazingly intentional. YOU were once a YOUth. YOU today, as a Toastmaster know the value of Toastmasters. YOU have the potential to impact YOUth today for their bright futures. The YOUth need YOU!
If you are not feeling the YLP buzz yet, YOU will be soon!