by Cassie Bullock, DL5, MS3 Summit Educational Chair
Who inspires you? Sometimes it is someone on a stage, sometimes a co-worker, and sometimes your fellow Toastmasters! I have seen many Toastmasters climb from the base of a mountain and rise to the summit because their fellow Toastmasters encourage them to get out of their comfort zone. We make each other better!
In the June Hot Topics article, Dave Papenmeier, Summit Chair, explained WHAT the Summit is and how it came about. This month, I want to inspire you to apply to be an educational session presenter or keynote speaker**.
I suggest that YOU have what your fellow Toastmaster members are looking for to help them bridge the gap from where they are to where they want to be? Pause. Think about it. But don’t just think about applying, APPLY! It will change you and your fellow members in D25!
Here is my personal story to illustrate my point: I was THINKING about applying to facilitate an educational session at the 2020 spring conference, but I didn’t feel I had anything to offer. I wanted to, but I was scared. The negative chatter buzzed in my head. Spoiler alert. I did it anyway!!! And I am so glad I did!! The Summit is about D25 members helping D25 members. This is an opportunity knocking down on your door!!
- When should you send an application? Now! Today! The sooner the better. (No later than July 31st)
- Where do I get an application? https://www.d25toastmasters.org/summit-2022-call-for-speakers/
- Where do I send my application? SpeakerApplication@d25toastmasters.org
- What topics are the Summit Committee seeking? (Examples are neither exhaustive nor exclusive.)
- Personal Productivity Style
- Becoming an Essentialist
- Bouncing back from Disappointment
- The Power of Mindfulness
- The Emerging of a Servant Leader
- A Gratitude Attitude
By pursuing change you reap the accompanying benefits.
Don’t wait another minute! Step up, step out and be the engineer that helps their fellow Toastmasters bridge the gap from where they are to where they want to be!!
**For those applying for keynotes, please provide a video clip of you speaking. The committee will make the final selections based on value to the district and members.