Road to Distinguished Toastmaster
The end of the traditional education program
Toastmasters International is extending the deadline for submitting the Advanced Leadership Silver (ALS).
In summary, this extension allows –
1. Successful Club Coaches to file for Club Coach Credit AND Year of District Service up to June 30, 2021.
2. Club Mentors, assigned no later than December 31, 2020, to file for Club Mentor credit up to June 30, 2021.
3. Club Sponsors of new clubs can receive Sponsor credit if the club is officially chartered by June 30, 2021.
4. Area Directors serving the 2020-2021 year can file for a year of district service for an ALS.
5. ALS, Leadership Excellence (High Performance Leadership), and Distinguished Toastmaster awards in the traditional program may be submitted during the 2020-2021 Toastmasters year. For additional information, you can review the ALS-DTM Extension FAQ.
Pathways Education Program
To earn the DTM in Pathways, you are required to:
- Complete two learning paths.
- Serve as a club officer for 12 months. (If your club has six-month terms for officers, you can fulfill this requirement by serving as a club officer twice, but you don’t have to do it in consecutive terms.)
- Serve a complete term as a district officer (district director, Program Quality Director, Club Grown Director, Manager Public Relations, Administration Manager, Finance Manager, Division Director or Area Director). A complete term is defined as having served at least from September 1 through June 30. Those assuming office after September 1 do not qualify as having served a full term
- Serve successfully as a club mentor or coach.
- Serve successfully as a club sponsor or conduct a Speechcraft or Youth Leadership program.
- Complete the DTM project. (Members are required to create and implement a project of their own design, in which they demonstrate the skills and expertise they have gained.) DTM Project