The Distinguished Club Program is an annual program, running from July 1 through June 30. The program consists of 10 goals your club should strive to achieve.
To be considered for recognition, your club must either have 20 members or a net growth of at least five new members as of June 30. Transfer and charter members do not count toward your club’s membership goals.
Information below is based on Traditional Program.
1. Two Competent Communicator (CC) awards
2. Two more CC awards
3. One Advanced Communicator Bronze (ACB), Advanced Communicator Silver (ACS), or Advanced Communicator Gold (ACG) award
4. One more ACB, ACS, or ACG award
5. One Competent Leader (CL), Advanced Leader Bronze(ALB), Advanced Leader Silver (ALS), or Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM) award
6. One more CL, ALB, ALS, or DTM award
7. Four new members
8. Four more new members
9. A minimum of four club officers trained during each of the two training periods
10. On-time payment of membership dues accompanied by the names of eight members (at least three of whom must be renewing members) for one period and on-time submission of one club officer list.
For new clubs that are chartered between October 1 and June 30, the charter submission fulfills the requirement for an on-time officer list and payment of membership dues.
What are the recognitions that my club can earn?
There are 3 different levels of recognition that your club can earn through the Distinguished Club Program:
Distinguished Club — Clubs that have achieved 5 of the 10 goals and meet the membership requirements
Select Distinguished Club — Clubs that have achieved 7 of the 10 goals and meet the membership requirements
President’s Distinguished Club — Clubs that have achieved 9 of the 10 goals and meet the membership requirements. If at the end of the year your club is recognized at one of these levels, your club will receive a ribbon from International that you can attach to your club’s banner. The ribbon will be mailed to the person who was club President during that year.
QUESTION:: Does my club receive any special recognition for achieving all 10 goals?
ANSWER: No. While clubs are encouraged to complete all 10 goals, the highest level of recognition given by International is for achieving 9 of the 10. If your club is able to achieve all 10, you should feel very confident in your club, as that signifies that your club is doing everything that it needs to be doing to service its members and the members of your community.
Is my club Distinguished?
You can see your club’s current DCP status by clicking here and entering your club number in the Club Search box at the upper left. Note: Reports are now updated daily.