It’s June and SO MANY BIG THINGS ARE HAPPENING! This is just a little reminder to not forget the little things too. In either May or June, your club should have had your club officer elections for the term that starts on July 1.
Please remember that the successfully elected new officer list needs to be updated to TI by no later than June 30. I recommend sooner rather than later as the website gets bogged down the closer we get to the deadline.
Why is this little thing so important? Honestly, it impacts your club in several ways. All of them are important:
- If officers are not officially listed as officers, they won’t get credit for their officer roles.;
- Only officers listed as current for the current year can access club central (to make any updates- including approving submitted levels and adding new members);
- If officers are not officially on file, they cannot receive officer training credit even if they attend the training; the actual officer roster is used to issue credit.
- Having it in by the deadline counts as ½ of the credit for Distinguished Club Plan goal #10 for next year.
Your actions right now will have a HUGE impact on the success and achievements of your club next year.
In order to make sure that your list is updated correctly (and again, I urge you to do this little thing ASAP, it should take less than 3 minutes) any current officer needs to do this:
- Log into Toastmasters.org
- Under My Home scroll down until you see the tile for Club Central
- Click the Club Central Tile (if you are in more than 1 club, also choose the correct club)
- Under Club Management click the box for Club Officer Assignment
- You should see this:
- Note that the next year’s term dates are in the grey/highlighted box– it’s important to update the correct term.
- Then all you do is choose the correct person from the drop-down list under each officer role
- Once all are correctly assigned, hit save.
- That’s it. Super not hard, super fast, and super important.
Not sure if your club has already submitted your club officer list? There are 2 ways to check- log in and go look per the instructions above (only available to officers) or check the District 25 July Club Officer List Status list, which is updated daily and viewable by anyone.
If the deadline of June 30 is missed, can we still update the officers correctly? Absolutely yes. But it is a lot more time-consuming. July 1 and after, to get the officer list updated, you have to either call, email or fax Toastmasters directly and then wait until they have time to update it.
As of the time of writing this article- only 15 clubs have submitted their lists- so hurry up and get yours in!