by Emily Murray DTM Club Growth Director
We all want to make sure our club’s information is out there as accurately as possible in as many places as possible to maximize ease of information access for potential guests who then become potential members.
One thing that is easy to overlook is getting your club website and Facebook linked to the official TI find-a-club page for your club. It is to the benefit of any club that has a website and/or active Facebook to make sure these are all linked.
If you have a permanent online meeting link- you can ALSO add that to your TI page.
Best news? It’s pretty quick and easy! How’s here:
- Log into Toastmasters.org
- Go to Leadership Central
- Go to Club Central
- (If you are an officer in multiple clubs, choose the club you are trying to update)
- To update your website and Facebook:
- Choose Club Contact and Meeting information
- In the appropriate boxes fill in your club website and your Facebook page
- Push “Submit” at the bottom
- To add your permanent online meeting URL:
- Go to Club Demographics instead of Club Contact and Meeting Information
- Add your online meeting URL to the correct box
- Push “Submit” at the bottom of the screen
That’s it! Told you it was easy!
All of these sites (Find-a-club, Facebook, website, and online meeting URL if used) should be checked regularly by officers to ensure that all pertinent meeting information is updated and accurate. Technically this the responsibility of the VPPR, but if needed any officer can do it.