By Jim Jameson, Pathways Coordinator
Perhaps one of these is you:
- I’m already a great speaker and a terrific leader — I don’t need to learn and grow anymore.
- I’m like an old dog – Pathways is different, and I’m too tired to learn any new tricks.
- I’m just here for the people – it’s my social outlet. I don’t need to speak anymore.
I’ve heard each of these, even from people without a DTM. If you are one (or more) of these perhaps you don’t need Pathways – or Toastmasters – anymore. But maybe people need YOU!! Here are a few things to consider:
- Even top experts can still learn and grow – most are life-long-learners!
- Practice makes perfect – use it or lose it!
- If you’re tired of what you’ve done stretch yourself — try something new!
- Learning new things keeps your mind sharp, and it slows aging!
- If you like to help or inspire people you can be a role model – mentor by modeling!
Yes, Pathways is different, and it can be daunting at first. But we are Toastmasters! We are agile and we love a challenge, right? Starting in January I’ll be presenting a special version of the Pathways training that will help ‘veteran’ Toastmasters learn some new tricks! Please let me know if you have questions or would like more information. Thanks!