by John Aparicio Area 42 Director
I am so grateful for a willing TEAM to help us all succeed. I was able to attend our first club success workshop this year led by our very own Jesse Ford CGD. He assembled an amazing panel of seasoned D25 Leaders, Jenny Riddle, Godfred Ahuma, Suresh Basyal, and Shameika McAllister. They were able to go through a series of great questions and helped all of us learn how to be a Distinguished Club by achieving 5, 7, or 9 out of the 10 club goals. To accomplish the goals, it takes a dedicated TEAM to achieve them.
- T= Training for at least 4 club officers in each TLI- 7 at each one is stupendous!
- E= Education Awards for all Pathway Levels
- A= Administrative Tasks like dues renewal and club officer list submitted on time
- M= Members- 4 new members and 4 more new members
We learned different strategies on how we can appeal to each member on their renewal/membership dues, Pathways development, and how each member can share their Toastmasters story and attract new members.
We also learned helpful tips to engage members in a corporate club or a community club setting. We can use our meetings to help members with upcoming presentations, speeches, or other opportunities a member has to grow their skills. Growing skills can lead to promotions within the organization or other growth opportunities.
Some of my favorite tips were simpler than I imagined:
- Have a member assigned to each DCP Goal to help drive it to completion
- Make sure the member is made to feel important and not just about their dues
- Encourage Officers to be trained by sharing your experience and what you learned when you attended
- Meet them where they are and help them get to where they want to be
We all walked away from this Club Success Workshop with very practical guidance from our Leadership Team and Panelists.
Thank you D25 “taking care of business” day in and day out! I am glad I dove into the deep end with y’all!