By Jamie Pickering, DTM, District Director
The end of the traditional education program
The deadline is to submit all traditional education awards is June 30, 2020! You can find information regarding the end of the program year in the Education Program FAQ. Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
- All traditional education awards must be submitted in Club Central or to World Headquarters by June 30, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. Mountain Time. Most awards presented after this date and time will not be accepted.
- We will continue accepting Advanced Leader Silver, Leadership Excellence (High Performance Leadership), and Distinguished Toastmaster awards in the traditional program during the 2020-21 Toastmasters year. For additional information, you can review the ALS-DTM Extension FAQ.
- Processing for leadership awards will begin on June 1, 2020, for any member currently serving as a District leader, club officer, or club coach. To be included in this, make sure you submit your application to us before July 1, 2020.
ORIGINAL POST BELOW CREATED 3/25/2020 – READ INFORMATION ABOVE FOR GUIDANCE!!!
In summary, this extension allows –
1. Successful Club Coaches to file for Club Coach Credit AND Year of District Service up to June 30, 2021.
2. Club Mentors, assigned no later than December 31, 2020, to file for Club Mentor credit up to June 30, 2021.
3. Club Sponsors of new clubs can receive Sponsor credit if the club is officially chartered by June 30, 2021.
4. Area Directors serving the 2020-2021 year can file for a year of district service for an ALS.
This extension does not apply to any other communication or leadership goals, including the HPL project. (see changes outlined above regarding HPL project)
|March 25, 2020
Dear District Leaders and Club Officers,
The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) continues to have a large impact on the everyday lives of our members around the world. The Board of Directors has worked to respond to the needs of our members and clubs as the situation has developed and have made decisions such as allowing clubs to hold their meetings entirely online and extending the April renewals due date to April 30, 2020.
Another concern shared is that due to COVID-19, some members may not be able to complete the final roles required to achieve their Advanced Leader Silver (ALS) or Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM) awards prior to the end of the traditional education program on June 30, 2020. During the recent Board of Directors’ meeting, Board members discussed solutions to support our members who are striving to achieve these final awards by year-end and have provided the following additional allowances:
Toastmasters International acknowledges and appreciates all the hard work and effort our members are putting forth each and every day. We hope these additional extensions assist you and your club members in achieving your education goals and developing your communication and leadership skills. Remind your club members to regularly visit the COVID-19 webpage for the latest updates from Toastmasters and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.