Why are Golden Gavel meetings so special? They are quality meetings!
Your club can be a Golden Gavel winner by meeting certain requirements.
Clubs with well-run, lively, and educational meetings that meet the needs of their members earn the Golden Gavel Award. This award is recognized with a ribbon that can be added to the club banner.
The club must meet all of the following criteria:
- Members and guests are greeted warmly and enthusiastically.
- Meeting starts and adjourns on time.
- 15 or more club members must be present (clubs with fewer than 20 members must have 75% of members present).
- At least one non-Toastmaster guest is present.
- There is applause after every speaker – functionaries included.
- All speeches are MANUAL speeches.
- Evaluations are both specific and supportive.
- Participants are positively recognized and ribbons/rotating trophies are awarded.
- Members and guests have name tags/badges OR are provided with table tents with their names.
- Printed agendas are distributed and followed with 3 or fewer assignment changes to the agenda.
- Table Topics are interesting and/or fun – participants are able to speak the full time period.
Get your thinking caps on and start planning your club’s Golden Gavel meeting today. Don’t forget to invite guests to this special meeting, including your Area Governor or other District Leader to witness what a great job you did! Then your club can proudly display the Golden Gavel Ribbon on your club banner.
by Cindy Hinckley