Do you know what a QR code is? Maybe not by name, but you have surely seen them, especially on printed material, and if you have a smartphone, you’ve likely used them.
These odd-looking pictures are actually 2-D barcodes. However, they can store much more information than the familiar UPC barcodes that are on your grocery store items.
Charles Sanzone of Tip Top Toastmasters suggests that a QR code might be useful to promote your club, or an event like an open house. Here’s how to do it:
- The barcode can be generated online.
- It is a picture that you save to your computer.
- Place it in the document for an event flyer or for a club business card.
- Print the items and post them or hand them out.
- Smart device users can take a picture of the code with their device’s camera. (They must have an appropriate app installed.)
- The user will be taken to the website, social media profile, or whatever text you included when you made the barcode. No worries about mistyping a web address.
Thanks for the tip, Charles!
Public Relations Officer