In our last space bulletin we shared the good news about the intergalactic lineup we have for you at our Spring Conference. Based on the most recent tricorder readings, the time is right to share more about our education sessions. Of course, those sessions will be broken up into three categories: Communication, Leadership, and Personal Growth.
- Tammy Bailey, DTM, will help you with topic selection. She will teach you how to “Get MEAN: Memorable, Enthusiastic, Animated, and Notable.”
- Karen Blake, DTM, will educate you on how best to use phone, text, and e-mail to communicate. Learn the “Tactics for Techies.”
- Dr. Randy Harvey, DTM, World Champion of Public Speaking, will share the “Answers to the Ten Most Important Speaking Questions.”
- Dave Abbett, will cover the importance of actionable and understandable strategy. “Strategic Planning: VMOST – Vision, Mission, Objectives, Strategy, Tactics.”
- Robert Christeson, DTM, will teach you how to lead leaders in his presentation “Lead Now!”
- Susan Gardner, DTM, will help you overcome the challenges of leadership.“Leadership Challenges – React, Respond, or Retreat?”
Personal Growth Track:
- Julie Cosgrove, ACS/ALB, will make you aware of your presence. “Power Up Your Presence.”
- James Bird Guess will show you how to achieve remarkable performance. “Grind for Greatness!”
- Denis Russell, artist for the original Star Trek TV show, will teach you how to make your words soar, sizzle, and sell. “Picture Perfect.”
We are saving the special Saturday Evening Keynote slot for our esteemed International Director, David McCallister. You will not want to miss the opportunity to meet him and hear him speak.
Your full registration (the best value) will include four keynote speakers, a choice from 10 education sessions, two speech contests, DTM ceremony/banquet, District Officer Installation, and a Sci-Fi costume party and contest. You must act fast though — the anti-matter containment module will be activated after April 22rd and registration rates will rise from the early bird rate of $125.00 to $150.00. Don’t forget to book your stay on board the District 25 Starship Sheraton DFW for the great rate of $92.00 per night.
Make sure to prepare your polarized-photon particle emitter for this great event on Friday and Saturday, May 3 & 4, at the Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel in Irving. For more information and to register, see the Spring Conference webpage.
Spring Conference Committee