- Your fellow club members cheer you on as you pit your speaking skills against others in a non-threatening, fun, friendly atmosphere.
- Take a risk and polish your speaking skills. Win or lose, the experience will carry you down the road to future successes.
- Present in a larger venue before a larger audience, some of whom are strangers to you.
- Prepare for stepping outside the club to give presentations at non-Toastmasters events in your workplace, community organization, or church.
- Cheer on competitors from your club, area, and/or division!
- Get great ideas for techniques to use in your own manual speeches, evaluations, and table topics. By observing the best, you can learn to do your best!
- Enjoy free entertainment! It’s cheaper than a movie!
- Network with fellow Toastmasters from other clubs!
- Meet District leaders and learn about upcoming District events!
- Sign up to be a Test Speaker in the Evaluations Contest. Practice your speech delivery and get
feedback from our best Evaluators!
- Develop leadership skills by serving in a major role as the Toastmaster, Contest Chairman, or Chief Judge! Ensure that the contest runs smoothly by serving as a timer, vote counter or SAA!
- Practice organizational skills by helping with registration, facilities, refreshments, awards, publicity, or program design.
- Online resources for all the above are available, including updated contest forms.
- Let your Area or Division Governor know how you can help!