Outstanding Club Officers Online Nominations
Club officers who served January 1, 2015 through June 30, 2015*
Take a few minutes to submit a nomination
for your officers who did an outstanding job.
Nominations open: July 1, 2015
Nominations close: September 15, 2015
>>> ON-LINE NOMINATIONS - CLOSED 9/15/15 <<<
Each entry will be forwarded to appropriate
Area Director, Division Director
and District Awards Chair
for consideration of winners
VP Public Relations
Sergeant at Arms
Thanks for nominating your club's outstanding officers!
Mary Walker, District Awards Chair
(winners will be announced at District Conference
Awards Luncheon, Sat., November 21, 2015)
*Members of the District Executive Committee (DEC)
serving during this period
are NOT eligible for Outstanding Officer Awards.
OUTSTANDING CLUB OFFICER CRITERIA
Why Should I Recognize My Club's Officers?
- Toastmasters is a volunteer organization
- Officers positions are voluntary
- Officers work hard!
- It shows appreciation
- Motivation for future success
- People like receiving accolades
How to Nominate Outstanding Officers
- Fill out the form (see above)
- Submit it online
A How-To Guide for Filling Out the Form
- Fill out everything on the form
- At the very top include the name and information for the nominee
- Check the office that nominee is holding
- Put check marks or X's in appropriate spaces
- Put percentages where needed
Best way to fill out the write-in section is to break it apart into 3 main blocks:
As an Outstanding President/VP-Education/etc.
- Look at qualifications for office (they can be found in the back of the "Basic" Communications and Leadership Manual)
- Think about how nominee accomplished those qualifications outstandingly
- Be short and to the point, but descriptive
- If this office has additional responsibilities in your club, include them here
As an Outstanding Officer (in general),
Officers have many additional responsibilities, for example:
- Organized a new member handbook
- Organized a guest packet
- Organized Speak-a-Thons
- Organized social events
As an Outstanding Toastmaster
Nominee may do many things not required of their office or of an officer
Need to have these things considered!
This information may be the tiebreaker in close decisions
Examples of things to list might be:
Helped out at a TLI
Helped out at a District Conference
Attended Regional Conference
Attended International Conference
Served as a club mentor/sponsor/coach
Sponsored/Mentored new members
Things To Do/Not To Do
- Fill out the form completely
- Fill it out sincerely and honestly
- Forget about the office for which the person is being nominated
- Forget to add comments
Who Should Do It?
When Should We Do It?
- The sooner you fill it out, the better the nomination form will be
- Look for deadlines set by your Area, Division, and District